Small Plates is now sold out!
The 3rd annual LPVA Small Plates takes place on Saturday, June 16, 2012 from 6-9 PM – view pairings and then order tickets below. You MUST order tickets in advance for this event!
The event enjoyed a sell-out for the second straight year, so be sure to order your tickets today! You can read all about Small Plates 2011 right here
For Small Plates, participating wineries offer a full glass of wine with a well-presented and substantial tapas dish in their tasting rooms. You can purchase tickets below for $15 for any or all of the three seatings (roughly 6-7, 7-8 and 8-9). Many of our wineries work with chefs to prepare and serve the pairing, and the event is designed to be a high-class food offering, catering to culinary aficionados.
2012 Small Plates Pairings
Bel Lago will be pairing their 2010 Pinot Grigio with Chicken Paillard with an asiago crust and Lemon Caper sauce accompanied by a salad of local greens.
Black Star Farms
Black Star Farms will be serving their own Hard Apple Cider brined pork tenderloin with bacon, shiitake mushroom and goat cheese risotto, candied fig butter and red onion agrodulce. This amazing dish will be paired with 2011 Arcturos Cabernet Franc Rosé..
At Chateau Fontaine, Paul Carlson, the chef from Bella Fortuna, will be preparing Seared Scallops with Toscanelli Bean Puree, crispy Housemade Panchetta, and a Lemon/ Spring Pea Shoot Pesto. Served with award winning 2011 Pinot Blanc.
Tris Mediterraneo will be the theme for the evening at Ciccone Vineyard. We will be serving champignon : Small Mushroom stuffed with Crumb Bread, Cheese, Mushroom and Parsley.- asparagus wrapped in a puffy pastry with ham and shaved Parmesan cheese and Arancine – made with saffron rice and meat ragu; all paired with our Riesling. (second seating only)
45 North is partnering with Ethnic Garden Catering and doing a semi spicy-sweet and savory coconut curry with shrimp and rice noodles paired with their choice of 2010 dry Riesling or 2009 semi dry Riesling.
Gills Pier’s Chef de Cuisine is Kristin Karam of K2 Events and Edibles. They will serve Majaraja Curry (tomato, chickpea, cinnamon and cream with a bit of spice) served over basmati rice with vegetarian or lamb kabobs. The pairing will be the 2011 Semi-dry Estate Riesling. Vegetarians welcome! Contact the tasting room to specify: 231.256.7003 – Laurie@gillspier.com
Silver Leaf will serve Butterflied Prawn with Andouille sausage & Remoulade sauce paired with their 2010 Riesling.
To demonstrate the versatility of Rieslings and Spicy Asian cooking, Verterra is serving a Chinese spicy, crispy Hunan prepared Catfish with a Tempura batter to be paired with a medium sweet Riesling.
To Order Tickets…
- Read about the pairings above.
- Select your seating or seatings from the list below and then click the “Add to Cart” button.
- After adding to the cart you can choose the number of people for that seating
- We apologize that the PayPal system we are using requires you to select each seating separately! Use the “Continue Shopping” button to return to this page and order tickets for other seatings!
- If you are unable to order a specific winery, it means that seating has sold out. We receive notifications when this happens and will remove from the list.
- If the winery you wish to go to is not in the list for that seating, it means that they are sold out! Other wineries still have tickets so get them now!!