Leelanau Peninsula Vintners Association member winery Black Star Farms has a great overview of the implications of Michigan’s new Omnibus Liquor Bill. HB 6224 was approved in late November and can get the complete text of the bill on the MIRS website. They write:
This is great news for anyone involved in the wine and spirits industry as the bill has many benefits. There are several different provisions to the bill they include:
- The ability for MI wineries to charge for tastings at their tasting rooms, withoutÂ aÂ food requirement.
- The ability for MI wineries to host off-site tastings at retail stores across the state.
- The ability forÂ MI wineriesÂ to apply for a license for Sunday morning and Christmas sales.
- MI distillers being able to sample and sell spiritsÂ at offsite tasting rooms.
- Allowing MI restaurants to provide the spirits at a catering event.
Photo credit: Side by Side at Longview by explortise